Equine Horse Hide Paddle Strop Vegtable Tanned Leather With Compounds Of Your Choice
Current processing time for paddle strops is (5-7 business days) until they ship.
Extra large equine / horsebutt two sided paddle strop 16.5"x3.5"x .75, each side features extra thick and firm 10+ oz horse hide flesh / suede side up for use with any two bar compounds of your choice (please use drop down menu to select the two colors/grits of compound you'd like). The hide on this strop is extra firm, this helps to avoid rounding of the edge while stropping, to use simply apply the compound of your choice on each side using a scrubbing motion with some force until a light coat is applied. Always use an edge trailing / away from the edge stroke to avoid damaging the leather. Can go heel to tip, tip to heel or straight away doesn't matter. To find the correct angle lay the knife flat on the leather then slowly lift the spine of the knife until the gap between the leather and the edge/apex of the knife disappears (this is the correct angle). I recommend using very light force while stropping around 12oz or less or approx. the weight of your hand with the knife in it and let the abrasives do the work, this will normally lead to the sharpest edges. My preferred color combo for the compounds are black and white.
• Paddle strop color: ebony stain with several coats of clear
• Each side has been branded with a branding iron FINE / COARSE to help distinguish between the two bar compounds being used.
• 550 paracord lanyard (black) with end cap allows storage/hanging on the wall
• Both sides feature heavy firm equine hide suede/fuzzy side up
• Both sides of the handle are leveled perfectly flat before hide is attached
• Comes with two bars of compound
• To clean simply scrub with any large pink eraser then reapply compound as needed
👉 *PLEASE NOTE THIS LISTING IS FOR ONE TWO SIDED PADDLE STROP*
👉 *PLEASE SELECT VIA THE DROP DOWN MENU THE TWO BARS OF COMPOUND YOU'D LIKE WITH THE STROP*
👉 *PLEASE NOTE THESE STROPS ARE HANDCRAFTED FROM SCRATCH, THERE MAY BE SOME SLIGHT VARIATIONS FROM WHAT YOU SEE IN THE PICTURES